Wednesday, November 15, 2006

On the Road Photo


I choose this photo because of the landscape. It is quite similar to the type of landscapes that I can see at the village in Castelo Branco were I usually go, the name is Sobral do Campo!
I didn’t have a nice photo of the village so…I found this one on the Internet.
And what does this have to do with the “On the Road” theme?! I was born there and since I moved to Lisbon that I spend the vacations and holidays there. First at my grandmother house and then at my own house (not mine but my parent’s house!). I’ve made a few friends there and every time I go there I have a lot of fun going out with them. There we can stay in the street until late because there’s no danger and our parents don’t mind at all!
So for me being on the road is to go there…every time that I’m on the road I’m on the way to Castelo Branco and to Sobral. I don’t know much about Portugal but I know where is the place that I love the most, even if I knew the whole country I know that there wouldn’t exist a better place to spend vacations like Sobral!!

Sílvia Dias

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Psithurism said...

It seems as though you have so many great memories of Castelo Branco. It´s always great to have a place that brings back a certain memory or smell. I think that everyone has memories of places that remind them about times when life wasn´t complicated and a time when their biggest dilema was what to watch...Flinstones or Jetsons?
Your thought brought back memories of that special place that I will always have in my heart.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger thewildstyle (por Filipa Correia e Catarina Dias) said...

I could not agree more with Maria. You have that tiny little place when you can be.. free (metaphoraly speaking), when you can be with your friends and have fun its awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home