Tuesday, November 14, 2006

On the Road


So many directions to choose
And I’m walking alone…
This path is made of hopes, dreams and prayers
It is like a Picasso painting.
I look to the sky trying to reach for the clouds
Maybe they know that there’s a long route that has to be done.
So little time to decide.
Sometimes life is like a circus
Maybe if any thing goes wrong,
All you have to say is, “The show must go on!”
Look to your left
Look to your right
Look in front of you
Look behind you
See what you've got to see!
People are always saying that.
I only see a big forest path.
Dream to travel?
My Future?
What direction?
You can choose.
So,
Where do you want to go?
What would you like to visit?
Are you sure?
I don’t think life should be decided like a map
And I don’t have a map.
I sell dreams.
Stars don’t shine when I’m far away with my thoughts.
I’m from another time.
I want to say: I must have died and gone to heaven.
Everytime I look at this picture,
It reminds me that I’m just a little dot in this huge world.
I just want to get on the road
And find out what I don’t know.

By: Filipa Pedro

5 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Psithurism said...

You are so right. In this vast world of over six billion people we are merely an insignificant dot...unless we do something of this world that seems to be getting even more corrupt by the second. Then maybe we wouldn´t be so insignificant. But How? Who knows, I guess all we can do right now is keep travelling into the unknown and hope that something will light up along the way..great poem by the way. :)

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Filipa Pedro said...

Sometimes I get inspired or not lOL I go with the flow :P But thanks Mary =] You know, just between you and me, I used to do poems in English since 10th grade ;) I enjoy it =]
About the dot...Sometimes we are more like an interrogation point in the middle of a text (our life)lol
Hm, I'm not so good with the talk lOl
;)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Filipa Pedro said...

*interrogation mark

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger thewildstyle (por Filipa Correia e Catarina Dias) said...

And I think you should continue to write it because you got the skills girl! I liked your poem, and yes, we are a merely dot in this vast world around us.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Andre Fachada said...

very true indeed! there's no map for life, u make your own way through this circus!
i didnt have the chance to tell you in class after you read it, but i really think this is a wonderfull poem! congrats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home