Monday, November 06, 2006

A little bit about me



About me…I really don’t know where to start. Well, I was born in Lisbon, Portugal. When I was one my parents moved to Toronto, Canada and my life has been there until now. I decided that after I finished high school I wanted something different for me. So I took one year off from school and got here and started working in a clothing store after two weeks of landing in Lisbon. I worked in the store for almost one year and then I left when I got accepted into University. And now I’m 19. People are always asking me why I left Canada(!) to come to Portugal(!), and the truth is that I don’t have a reason that makes much sense. I just like it here. And because I was involved in a long distance relationship for over a year and I was kind of getting sick of it...and we’re still together :)
There are two things that I really like to do, writing anything and everything, and going to downtown Lisbon (Chiado). Both things kind of relieve stress. Anytime I have a thought that sounds good in my head I write it down and keep it in a safe place because after some time I go and read it and remember why I wrote it. And when I’m feeling sad or alone I go downtown and just think and go home feeling a lot better.
My mother is in Portugal with me at the moment but in January, she’ll be going back to Canada to continue her work. So basically, I’ll be here by myself, but I don’t mind though.
I’m kind of a shy person in the beginning when I’m around new people like you guys, but with time I’ll start opening up and talking more…
The picture I’m adding here is one of my favourite places to be, now that you know a little bit about me, I’m sure you can guess where it is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home