Sunday, January 28, 2007

I miss summer

Well, a semester has passed us by...already. In one semester so many things have changed for me and I believe that for all of you as well. So many times I think about how much I miss Canada and my friends and my life there. But then I think some more. I am in love with Portugal. It´s the kind of love that I know will be everlasting, that will never change. I think of all the people I have met here and all the friendships I have made. One of the many things that has changed in my life since University is that I ended a two and a half year relationship. And the funny thing is that I am fine with that. I feel as though I have so much to live for and I am young and I have a lifetime ahead of me. So there you have it. Me spilling my heart out on this blog. Believe it or not this blog has helped me to get to know all of you and I feel like I know something about each and every one of you. This blog has even helped me and all of us to speak to each other out of the classroom walls. To get to know each other, some better than other. University, in my opinion is a milestone. We will grow up a little more and see life for what it is. Hearts will be broken and with time mended. Friendships will be made, maybe even for a lifetime. We will remember good times that we all had together and funny times and sad times. University is a time of change and I am so happy that I am here and that I have met each and every one of you. Who knows what will happen in the future. The only advice I can give you all is live for the moment and don´t think too much about what will be and how things will turn out. Things normally turn out alright and then at that moment all we really have are memories that make us smile. Memories are the best thing one can have. Remembering the good times. Don´t remember the days, remember the moments and how that one moment changed your life. I have good moments that have changed my life for the better and now here I am, a happy person. Happy to be living one of my dreams in a beautiful country, meeting new people everyday. I´m sitting here at home freezing and I am just wishing that it were summer. But then again, I know that it will come sooner than later. So I am writing this for all of you to know how I feel and that I am glad I met you all. See you around University =)

5 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Maria Albertina said...

hey maria...i'm sorry that your relashionship doesn't work...hope that that doen't happen with mine because like you i'm on a long distant relashionship and i know that sometimes things chance when you started to spend more time with the person. well i hope to know you better and i wish you the best for your life!!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Maria Albertina said...

by the way..i miss summer too!!can´t wait for the long summer days with the hot sun that always gives us a good mood!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Filipa Pedro said...

mary, you made me cry with all this writing...you really touched my feelings. I'm glad to had met you. You are a good person and it can be seen right a way when one meet you. keep going like this and take care. ** Filipa Pedro

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Andre Fachada said...

that's the spririt... i don't know if this is the way to spell it but... "que será, será! what ever will be, will be! The future's not ours to see! que será, será!"
Never forget, live it as good as you can, always remember.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger AR said...

Here's to a new life and all the best with the changes!
Allyson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home