Sunday, April 01, 2007

This is home to me

Home



"No matter how dreary and grey our homes are, we people of flesh and blood would rather live there than in any other country, be it ever so beautiful. There is no place like home." - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum”


Reminiscing about my life, I come to realise
Home is not bricks or concrete
Instead, my home is made of …

Beautiful faces;
Familiar scents;
Well-known corners;
Laughs;
Innocence.

Disagreements;
Harsh voices;
Unwanted words;
Tears;
Forgiveness.

Warm sensations;
Safety feelings;
Microcosms.

Serenity;
Getting lost in thoughts;
Settling down.

Memories …


How sweet can home be
How bitter can it sometimes become
I know my home is not flawless
Nevertheless, there is no other “ place” I know I’ll always return to
No other “place” I can call my own
Except for my home


Cátia Ildefonso

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home