Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Home 2

Home to me is where I can find my soul. When I’m home I open my heart and I breathe love. There you find no trouble. You can search for love on the streets and harmony but you always end up finding it in your own home. In this case, we must open our eyes and see what’s in front of us; we have to face the facts that at home we have the kind of love that is unconditional.
I must say that I’m falling in love with my home. In fact, “There’s no place like home”. If you allow me, take this advice, never give up on your home, on the unlimited love. Don’t take it for granted. I’ve never done so and I know I won’t. Home is like a garden without mysterious thorns where I grew up and would play hide and seek with friends. It’s an endless corner. There I ensure you, you can be yourself, without judgment, away from the public life.
Home is very personal and people tend to create a specific house, for example, they decorate it with specific objects in order to make their mark. You can keep in there your profound and deepest secret, only the walls will listen to them. The question is, does home stays with us forever?
People regard their home as a treasure. It may rain outside but inside it’s warm and comfortable. I keep the whole world inside it. One might keep it outside. Most couples want to buy the perfect house, but they’re wrong. The house isn’t perfect if they don’t contribute with their experience. The perfect home must be created, it doesn’t come by itself.
Someone said, “There’s no place like Home” and this idiomatic expression appeared to me when I moved to live in Lisbon while I’m studying. However, it is possible to go home every weekend, I really miss it during the week. Like everything in life, there’s good and bad things and we must learn how to deal with them. It occurred to me that I have begun a new path. And I feel it’s interesting. Because you can add new experiences in your life and you really grow up alone without your family to protect you from what may come. So, definitely, I take with me good experiences.
Home isn’t just a place it’s a feeling too. They always go together. Have you ever thought that you always keep a memory of your own home with you?
Take into account the fact that we always try to make our own house the best in town. And it’s true, in fact we devote ourselves deeply to a place. We want to transform it into a shelter with comfort to feel better with the world outside and to feel protected too. Therefore we must agree that our home is a sanctuary, it’s like being in heaven. In order to keep it that way we must preserve it. I would really like to have a home like those in home magazines. There would be peacefulness and love like when I was little and my mum would comfort me and protect me from the evil outside. Would you give away your home? I think nobody would. And at the end of the day every person want to come back home to rest. Isn’t it a symbol of love for what belongs to us?
At last, we need a home at the end of the day to relax from the stress and I need a treasure to keep at home.
I find myself thinking what has changed in these couple of months… Seems like an eternity since I left home. It’s strange, on the one hand some days I feel that I want to quit of everything here and on the other hand I want to fight until the end of the journey.
Do you feel that kind of feeling called sadness when you have to leave your home, your place, your family? I don’t get along with the trips, I always feel alone and I find myself trying to not cry on the phone, I pick it up and I don’t have much to say. My mother’s voice helps me to not feel so alone and my boyfriend’s voice helps me to find myself in the dark.
Now I only stop at home by every once and a while. You don't really know what you've got until it's gone…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home